Citi Secured Mastercard full review
Citi Secured Mastercard® is that it's a no-annual-fee credit card that may help you build your credit when used responsibly.
Read on to learn more about the Citi Secured Mastercard credit card
Citibank is a global bank whose stated mission is simple: to responsibly provide financial services that enable growth and economic progress.
The bank was founded in 1812 as the City Bank of New York. It has currently 2,649 branches in 19 countries, including 723 branches in the United States.
Citibank has the most varied products to meet the needs of the different financial profiles in the market. That is why, thinking of those who still need to build their credit reputation, the bank makes the Citi Secured Mastercard credit card available. This card is designed for people who are either starting out fresh or trying to repair damaged credit.
If this feature applies to you, read on to find out more about this card.
How Citi Secured Mastercard credit card will work
So, after you meet Citi’s credit qualification criteria, which includes a review of your income and your debt, and get approved, a security deposit is required for the amount of your credit limit, between $200 – $2,500.
Your security deposit will determine your credit limit (the amount you can spend). Your security deposit is always equal to your credit limit – so the larger the deposit, the larger the credit limit.
Citi Secured Mastercard credit card may help you to build credit in a number of ways:
- By paying at least the minimum due on a timely basis each month.
- Having your credit history reported to credit bureaus.
- Accessing Citi’s helpful tools to help keep you on track, including free FICO score, online bill pay, and account alerts
The Citi® Secured Mastercard® also comes with account protection features, like fraud alerts, $0 liability on unauthorized charges, and Citi® Identity Theft Solutions.
Responsible management of your credit card account will allow you to rebuild your credit history because Citi will report your account information to major credit bureaus. If you pay your bill on time and keep your balances fairly low, you will start to build your credit, and although the time to improve credit varies, significant improvements can be visible after six months.
There is no annual membership fee for the Citi® Secured Mastercard®.
- Automatic Account Alerts. Alerts keep you informed and stress-free. Once you’ve set up alerts, you’ll be reminded about your balance levels, payments due, or when you go over your credit limit, by email or directly on your mobile phone.
- Choose your Payment Due Date: choose to pay your bill on any available due date at the beginning, middle, or end of the month. Enjoy the flexibility of paying your full balance or just the minimum payment due each month.
- Digital Wallets let you shop with confidence in millions of places online, within apps, and in stores. With digital wallets, you can speed through checkout and continue to enjoy all the benefits that come with your card.
- Contactless Pay. Shop safely with a contactless-chip-enabled card. Just tap your card on the payment reader and go in seconds.
Keep Your Identity Safe. The ID Theft Protection program offered by Mastercard® helps eliminate the worry of identity theft by monitoring the information you choose to protect and alerting you if suspicious activity is found. It takes just a few minutes to enroll for free, and as soon as you do, your monitoring begins.
$0 Liability on Unauthorized Charges. You’re completely protected against unauthorized charges on your account. This means that you will not be responsible for a charge that you did not authorize, online or otherwise.
Rest assured. Customer service representatives are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
So, what would be the downsides of this card?
Citi Secured Mastercard credit card has no rewards or cashback offers.
Another negative point is that the APR rate of the Citi Secured Mastercard credit card is not low. It has a 25.49% variable APR.
I would like to apply for the Citi Secured Mastercard credit card
The key benefit of the Citi Secured Mastercard is that it’s a no-annual-fee credit card that may help you build your credit when used responsibly. Unlike a debit card, this secured credit card helps you build your credit history by reporting to major credit bureaus.
You will be able to use your Citi Secured Mastercard credit card anywhere Mastercard is accepted – worldwide.
So, if this has to do with your current financial profile, tap on the green button to find out more.